TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Initial Considerations
- Installing the ArtPlacer Script
- Static Integration
- Dynamic Integration
- You are all set!
Note: If you undergo a theme change or visual changes in your website, we suggest removing the ArtPlacer widgets and reinstalling them. Before doing so, copy your widgets' codes and paste them somewhere safe in case you need them again.
Like on this example:
Installing the ArtPlacer Script
1. Adding the ArtPlacer Script
2. Set it up!
6. Click Apply
That’s it. We have already installed the ArtPlacer scripts. Let’s get started with adding some widgets to your website.
Add the ArtPlacer Widget Buttons
We are now ready to start adding widgets to your website.
There are two ways we can insert our widgets in your website. One is via Dynamic Integration and the other one is via Static Integration (ArtPlacer Artworks). While the process is the same for both methods, the data that will be added to the code changes in each case.
The static integration method is easier to achieve than the other method, and is recommended for most cases, specially if you are not intending to install the widget in a product page.
1. Get your widget code using the Widget Generator and make sure you choose the JS code integration method and ArtPlacer Artworks or Not Specified in the Artwork field. If you choose the former, make sure you have uploaded some artworks to your ArtPlacer Catalog and pick the one you would like to display in your widget.
2. Get back to your Wix dashboard and click on Settings on the left sidebar menu, and then Custom Code under the Advanced tab.
3. Click + New Tool, and select Custom.
4. Paste the JS widget code you copied from the Widget Generator in the Paste the code snippet here box.
It should look like the one below. Do not copy this because it won’t work. Get your own code using the Widget Generator.
gallery: "some gallery id",
space: "some space id",
artwork: "my chosen artwork id",